Monday, August 4, 2008

The Fear of the Lord

I had a fun time talking to Jason Boyd at SWAT last night. He had a very exciting week...picked up his new Kawasaki bike from Carrolton on Friday and drove it home. He told me this great story that happened to him on the way home....when he started the bike and accidentally popped a wheelie on the highway. To be fair, I laughed...but was really thinking about when it happened to me. Each Christmas....Mer's family takes a trip together. Last year...we all went to OK to ride dirt bikes together. I had never ridden a dirt bike, so I practiced a little bit in the pasture out at the ranch. Wayne had bought these little db10 dirtbikes...way small for a guy my size. But they were really pretty powerful...enough so that it was easy to get the front wheel off the ground. I had to learn to sit way up front...which really made me look too big for the bike...because if I sat at the back and gave it any gas at all...I was taking off on one wheel.Jason, I'm a little jealous bro. I hope you have lots of fun on the bike and get to pass it down to Titus. It's funny how we're excited by a powerful machine...but a little scared by it too. A healthy respect we call it. I think that's what the fear of the Lord is all about. Our God is not safe...but He is good. Don't let your image of him get to be too wimpy!

No comments: