Monday, June 9, 2008

A "no excuses" person in a "not my fault" world



Never teach anything to your kids that you don't want to have to live up to! They will remind you...

I heard this statement on the radio: "being a no excuses person in a not my fault world". I loved it and after our SWAT team last week I started sharing it with my son, Caleb. Here's the verse that brought it back to my mind in SWAT team: 14Do everything without complaining or arguing, 15so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe 16as you hold out the word of life" Phil 2: 14-16.

The context of this instruction comes right after an explanation of how Jesus....being in very nature God did not consider equality with God something to be held onto...but made himself nothing, taking the very form of a servant. Here's where most of my complaining and arguing comes from....I'm trying to hold onto something I think I am or should be....and trying to make sure my "rights" are not violated. So, I've been trying this "stop complaining" thing; and it does definately stand in contrast to how the world does things. Want to amp up the effectiveness of your witness? Try to complain and argue less....and you'll shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life!

No comments: