Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Disconnecting.....to connect

I'm blogging kind of late in the week because I've had some internet issues this week. Iit's amazing how much you realize you've become dependant on that thing when it's gone for a while. Without email, up to the minute news feeds and blogs...how in the world are we supposed to keep up?

But something wierd happened on Sunday without the internet. Since I didn't wake up on Sunday morning able to work on my "to do" list online, I had more time to relax....and in doing that, to connect with God and with my family. It was really cool.

Then, on Monday I hear a sermon on the radio. It's about the 6:1 ratio. God created the earth in six days and rested on the seventh. Then He gave us the Sabbath as a day of rest.

I just finished our SWAT guides this week. We're in week 5 of the Home Repo series.....the master bathroom. It's fitting that it's on Mother's Day, don't you think? It is all about how to rest, relax and reflect....and enjoy the peace that knowing God brings to our lives.

Seems like God is trying to tell me something. Something like "Martha, you are busy and concened with many things. But Mary has chosen what is better....and it won't be taken away from her." (Check out Luke 10 for the whole dialogue).

Maybe in our day and time, it would go something like this.....close the laptop, turn off the cellphone and come away with me for a while. Enjoy the 6:1 ratio you were meant to live in!

No comments: