Thursday, April 17, 2008

What's most important?



I had a cool conversation with Caleb, my 6 year old son, on the way to school today. Caleb began a relationship with Jesus a little over a month ago. I'm looking forward to baptising him a little later on this summer in a swimming pool...it will be very cool!

Right now we have our church services on Saturday night....just due to the fact the facility we rent is not available on Sunday mornings. That can make scheduling tough...especially as we get into summer sports and vacations. We're normally at the school starting around 2:30 to set up and finish around 7:30...and then go out to dinner afterward.

The last two weeks we've had last minute game schedule changes for Caleb's t-ball team that have allowed him (and either Meridith or myself) to be at his games. I really believe that has been in answer to Caleb's prayers....he is so excited when they change and we're able to be there. Well....this week, for the first time, it looks like we'll have a true scheduling conflict. So, this morning we're talking and I gave Caleb the choice.....I told him if he wanted to be at the t-ball game, I would arrange for him to have a ride there and home with a friend. He said "No, I think church is more important" I had one of those winking moments with God....then asked him why it's more important. His answer was simple....."because of Jesus".

My prayer for him now is that all of his choices will be "because of Jesus".....and not just church. It is all pretty simple to him....Lord, would you make it that simple for me? Mt 18:3 "Truly, I tell you , unless you change and become like little childeren you will never enter the kingdom of heaven".

So, what's most important to you? Not just what keeps you from church......more importantly, what keeps you from Jesus?

No comments: