Monday, April 14, 2008

Unplugged


I worked on my yard some this weekend. To really appreciate this story, you just need to know that I have a history with weed-eaters....and it's not pretty. If it's gas powered, forget about it....I will not get it running. Over the last year I've gone through two electric's....one actually went down with sparks and minor fire. And if anyone knows how to correctly wind weedeater lines, I could use some tutoring.

So, I wasn't terribly surprised on Sunday when the weedeater quit on me in the middle of edging my yard. No smoke or sparks this time....that's good news. And it only took me a few minutes of taking the machine apart to look over and notice the issue - my extension cord had come unplugged.

We're seeing a lot of victories in the lives of our "plugged in" people at COC Metro. We're figuring out that we really do need each other....to challenge each other, to support each other, to call each other to higher standards, to remind each other that we have a mission and purpose, to love each other. Heb 10:24-25 says "And let us consider how we can spur one another on to love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage each other - and all the more as we see the day approaching."

I think being "plugged in" takes more than just showing up once a week and hearing a guy talk about the word of God. Get involved in the lives of some believers around you....either in a small group, or a bible study.....or with an accountability partner. You may just find the power you've needed to win some victories in your life was someone around you.....you've just been unplugged from fellow believers for too long!

No comments: